Sunday, October 16, 2011

Carl's Dental Ordeal!

On Friday, Carl had some oral surgery.  He needed a tooth extracted and the prep work for an implant.  He really does not like to go to the dentist therefore, this drastic measure!  Well the surgery was supposed to be a couple of hours.  It turned into 4 hours in the torture chair!  He was not asleep either.  He opted to just have the local stuff and also opted not to have the prop for his mouth.  He is a stud, you know!  Well,  I was prepared for a real baby to deal with but he has been amazingly tough!  That's my superman for you! 

He has, however, not recovered as quickly as he would like.  He tried to go hiking yesterday.  Got up and ready to go.  Fortunately his truck was in the shop so my car was the only vehicle around.  I hid the keys because he is supposed to rest at least through the weekend.  Well after much consternation and whining he finally relented and went back to the bedroom to change.  In a short time, he was out staggering down the hallway asking why the house was spinning!  I knew I was smart for not giving in to him!  Well,  he has been more tired than anything and takes several naps a day.  He did go to church today and lasted longer than I expected.  We came home after Sacrament Meeting and he took a long nap.  He is not even swollen up either.  I would have expected for all that long work in his mouth and the fact that they had to cut the tooth apart in several pieces to remove it that he would really be puffy.  Not so!  He looks pretty normal to me and everyone else.

Well, on to recovery.  Hope it goes as well as he hopes for the rest of the week until he gets his stitiches out on Thursday.  Love you, my Superman!

1 comment:

  1. you know, Derek can place implants, and for a lot cheaper than you are probably doing it. ;) Just make a detour to Iowa!

    ReplyDelete