Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wow! It is February already and I haven't posted all the cool things that have happened in our lives!  OOPS!  Well, here's an update.  We had a lovely Christmas Season with our family.  We had all of our children together for Christmas Eve this year!  The first time in several years.  That's what happens when they all grow up and have families of their own.  We had a few of them on Christmas Day which was awesome and we enjoyed a family game with Uncle Kent and Aunt Jeanne with Grace and Jennan.  It was rather nice that I had the following two weeks off from work to relax and enjoy being with my hubby!  We sure loved spending that time together.  He was a little busy for a few days with work but we managed to spend a good portion of our free time together.

On to the new year!  I think we are getting over the hill a bit.  We didn't do anything this year for New Years.  We kind of just hung out at home and had a little sparkling cider to ring in the new year before crashing for the night.  Our church schedule changed with the new year, so Carl had early Bishopric Meetings!  Hence the reason for not celebrating too late.  Well then the New Year was afoot!

We had a visit from our Stake President early in the first week of the year extending a new calling to Carl.  He has been called to be the Bishop of our Stake's Singles Ward!  Whoa Nelly!  We were in shock and awe for the next few weeks until that was officially announced!  Carl has hardly slept since the call.  I wake up in the night with the IPad light shining as he is reading and studying scriptures, handbooks, scriptures and handbooks, over and over again!  He has been overwhelmed and a little sad to leave his Bishopric Counselor post.  He has been over the Young Men and Young Women for 4 years and has loved every single minute of it!  On the week that he knew that he was being officially released, he wrote individual letters to each of the young men and women expressing his love, appreciation for them and his testimony.  Is my man awesome or what?!!!  That was the saddest part for him!  He truly loved them and enjoyed every second he spent with them.

We are now on the ride of our lives!  I'm kind of lonely already!  The first week, he had meetings literally every night but Friday!  I hope that Friday nights will be reserved for our Date Nights still but I know that from time to time there will be events with the Singles.  I've been privileged to be over the Singles Ward in my capacity as the Counselor in the Stake Relief Society so I already know a lot of them.  It will be an awesome journey and growing experience for us.  This week has settled down a little for Carl but I am busy as heck  with our Stake Relief Society Meeting.  This week I have something everyday!  I guess we will survive!  Carl is so supportive of me and has been able to be a big help this week since I was under the  weather early in the week.  I guess we will be support for each other through these next years!

On January 7th, I pulled it OFF!  A SURPRISE PARTY FOR CARL'S 60TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!  He really was surprised!  Woo Hoo for me!  I sent out 50 invitations and even sent out an email through our ward Relief Society to make sure no one felt left out.    We had a great turn out!  About 50 people showed up!  All of our children were there with their families helping me.  We had everyone write notes with their favorite memory of Carl.  The idea was to have 60 letters for him to read.  We are pretty close.  They were awesome to read.  Erin made a great slide show of him and also put together a slide show of scanned pictures of him over the years.  All in all it was a great event.  Several people commented on how great it was to just visit and enjoy each others company.

I will find pictures to post of some of these events and try to keep up a little better.  In the meantime, I am on Facebook now so you can check up on us that way too.  I am hooked on Words with Friends too so look for me there too.  My IPhone is my new friend these days!  LOL









1 comment: