Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blessings!

Well, this first full week with my new class has been quite the week!  I had one crier who settled in nicely after just two days.  I have one who continually cries for mom or dad off and on all day but it is finally getting better.  However, after I explain what Friday was like, next week may be different!

On Friday, we had a real emergency evacuation!  I won't go into all the details but we had a bomb scare and were evacuated to our church across the street.  I was glad to be a Mormon and have the church available so close. A member of our ward works for the district and had access to a church key.  He came and let about  500 or so people into the building out of the 108 temps!   I was glad that the members that were close came to bring needed water.  I was glad that Carl was so close and available to come and be with me and help out others in the building during our long (10 am to 2 pm) stay at the building.  I was able to get my preschoolers safely in the Nursery Room, with a small potty, toys and water available.  I got into a cupboard and got cups and pitchers from the kitchen to have water for my class.  Carl had library keys and I got a TV with video and a parent brought us a Disney Movie.  A parent was able to get crackers to us and Carl was able to stop at McDonald's and bring Chicken Nuggets and hamburgers for my class.  As I said it was a scare and no one was injured.  There were a few that suffered heat issues because the other area of evacuation was outside longer than we were.

I am so grateful and feel truly blessed to be a Mormon and know that I have people who will help in a crisis.  I am so grateful that Carl was able to help me and my class specifically.  I am so grateful that no one was hurt seriously and that our school is safe.  I definitely have many blessings in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment