Thursday, August 11, 2011

Colorado Vacation!





Carl and I were able to get away for a ten day vacation to our favorite spot. The wild flowers were still spectacular even though it was well past their optimal blooming times. The weather was perfect. Showers in the afternoon daily and cool breezy days! I even had to wear my jacket a few times because it was chilly! We drove up to Pitkin and Tin Cup and of course stopped at our spot - Cumberand Pass - to take our yearly picture. We sure missed having our family though. Almost everywhere we went we remembered something that we did with the kids when they were growing up! It was great to be together almost continually for that time but we did spend a little time apart. I had an 80 minute massage one day and then I went white water rafting on the Upper Taylor River one day. Pretty much the rest of the time we were together. It is great to be with my best friend, my husband! We look forward to retirement in a few years yet. Sure hope we can get our family to go next year. It will be our 20th year of going to Colorado.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Too bad I wasn't there to catch a snake for you at Quartz Creek! We are planning for next summer and going to set aside money to go from our tax return.

    ReplyDelete